Just Walk 10,000 Steps-a-Day Walking Program
Most people know that regular exercise is important. But many people cannot find the time to fit exercise into their busy schedules. To address this problem, Cornerstone Fitness is pleased to offer the "Just Walk 10,000 Steps-a-Day" program. Do you know how many steps you take in a day? Participate in the Weekly “Just Walk 10,000 Steps-a-Day” program and find out.
The Cornerstone Fitness "Just Walk 10,000 Steps-a-Day" program shows how you can benefit from the accumulation of incidental activity and encourages you to engage in shorter sessions of physical activity throughout your day. For example, you can take a 10 minute walk at lunch, park your car at the back of the parking lot, and walk with your family in the evening – just move more in your normal daily activities because all the little steps add up.
You don't need to invest in an expensive health club membership or fancy workout attire. By simply wearing a pedometer, you can measure your steps throughout the day, working towards the goal of 10,000 steps. If you are already active, you can use the pedometer in conjunction with a “steps equivalent” chart and translate other activities, like biking or weight training, into steps.
Join the “Just Walk 10,000 Steps-a-Day” Weekly program and receive:
- Access to the 10,000 Steps-a-Day website, where you can log your daily steps, track your progress, and receive coaching tips and fun facts;
- Weekly motivational newsletters from the Cornerstone Fitness staff
Here’s what participants are saying about the program:
- “I've lost 16 pounds so far, and walking is also helping me control my diabetes. I love the pedometer! It really helps me keep on track. This program is really working for me.”
- "My doctor really likes me doing the steps. Everything in my body has improved."
- “I like walking every day now. It's a lifestyle change for me."